Offline WSUS reporting files have not been downloaded RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently took over management of several WSUS servers and fear I’ve corrupted two offline servers by importing content without including all files in the WSUSContent directory.  When I realized files were missing I made another backup of the online WSUSContent folders and merged them with the offline servers WSUSContent folder, then ran the wsusutil export / import process again. Unfortunately all approved updates show “The files for this update have not yet been downloaded” and download status displays “Downloaded 0.00MB of 60,618.54MB”.

I verified the Update Files and Languages settings are consistent between the servers and ACL on WSUSContent folder matches Microsoft’s recommendation. All processes ran smooth for the past year until the last import which was missing a few GB of data.

So far I’ve run server cleanup, wsusutil reset and backed up the original sub folders in WSUSContent and replaced them with the content from the online server, the WSUSContent folder was not changed just sub folders. The ACL on the sub folders matches the parent WSUSContent.

I was able to verify the files exist in WSUS using the File Information link, the path listed for the Self Contained file was http accessible on the server. Application log is recording ID 10022: The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful. 

I’ve been struggling with this for about a week and spent most of the holiday vacation searching for a resolution. If you have any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Friday, December 25, 2015 5:21 PM

Answers