none
NTFS Warning ID 50, ID 140 User profile disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've a deployment of RDS 2012 with user profile disk enabled. The server hosting the share for user profile disk is a Windows Server 2012 (so it speaks SMB 3).

When user log off from his session I see the following warning on the session host:

NTFS ID 50

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \$LogFile. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Microsoft-Windows-NTFS ID 140

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: \\?\Volume{1f83538c-f82a-11e2-9428-000c291415a5}, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume129.
    ({Device Offline}
    The printer has been taken offline.)

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here providing some more steps to check, it might help (Quoted fromthis article).

User Action 
    Do one or more of the following:

•  Check the network connection.

•  Check the disk integrity. For disks that are formatted with the NTFS file system, you should examine the disk because it might be nearing failure.

•  Review the application log in Event Viewer for the file name.

•  Check the system or application logs for entries related to the disk stack. If there are entries in the logs related to the disk stack, it is likely that the event occurred because of a hardware failure.

Other than this if you want any further assistance to work on this issue deeply, maybe your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support.  Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone (Also same behavior in the link provided earlier-answered by Kevin TU). 

Thanks.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For UPD I would recommend using Server 2012 R2.  If this is not possible then I recommend you open a support case with Microsoft CSS and ask them if/when a hotfix will be available for 2012 to correct his issue.

-TP

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:42 AM
  • Does Windows Server 2012R2 solve this error?
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Hi,

I believe there are fixes related to UPD that are included with 2012 R2, however, I have not tested thoroughly yet so I cannot confirm that it is fixed.  What I do know for certain is this issue has been frequently reported with Server 2012, and some people have decided to disable UPD as a result.

It is unrelated to your issue, but R2 includes shadowing (2012 does not have this), reduced bandwidth usage, and other enhancements that are RDS related.  Speaking strictly from an RDS perspective it is preferable to use 2012 R2 over 2012 if you can.  Of course the usual disclaimers about it being recently released apply.  Server 2012 RDS works fine but there have been refinements/fixes that are in R2.

-TP

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

As per warning Event ID 50, it may occurs due to problem with network connections or with disk drive. May possible that data has been lost.

Please try to update the firmware and driver for UPD and also try to disable Write Cache for the profile disk. Try this and check the result. For check you deploy your UPDs on a SMB 3 share and see if you still have the same problem. Also refer beneath article for more information:

1.  Event ID 50
    2.  Event ID 50: Lost Delayed Write
    3.  Event Log Error 3,50,137,140 When logging off an RDS Session

Hope it helps!
    Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:16 AM
  • The servers where the error occours are all virtual so there is no need to update any firmware or driver. Guest operating system are up to date. Host operating system (VMWare ESXi 5.1) is up to date. All Hardware is in the HCL. None of the other servers in the farm have any trouble related to network or slowness...
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

Here providing some more steps to check, it might help (Quoted fromthis article).

User Action 
    Do one or more of the following:

•  Check the network connection.

•  Check the disk integrity. For disks that are formatted with the NTFS file system, you should examine the disk because it might be nearing failure.

•  Review the application log in Event Viewer for the file name.

•  Check the system or application logs for entries related to the disk stack. If there are entries in the logs related to the disk stack, it is likely that the event occurred because of a hardware failure.

Other than this if you want any further assistance to work on this issue deeply, maybe your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support.  Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone (Also same behavior in the link provided earlier-answered by Kevin TU). 

Thanks.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:32 AM