My Computer and Network Location RRS feed

• Question

• When ever i open up "my computer" from the start menu on my server it takes about 1 - 2 minutes and scans for all my "Network locations" before it shows me my local drives, it also shows me all of these other shares that are avaliable on the network some i may have connected to but most i wouldnt have. is there a way i can stop it showing me these shares and just my mapped drives.

I have a feeling that this is also happening for a user on a desktop pc Win 7, but its mainly just irritating me when i use the server.

Many thanks in advance.

Adam

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. If you find an answer helpful then please "Vote As Helpful"

Saturday, April 28, 2012 8:42 AM

Answers

• Turns out i could just press delete on them and remove then, they were essentially a shortcut :)

thanks for help anyway

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. If you find an answer helpful then please "Vote As Helpful"

Friday, June 15, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies