none
Power / battery problems with Sony-Vaio laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following, seemingly related problems with my Sony-Vaio laptop and Windows 7 Pro. When I go to Control Panel + Hardware & Sound + Power Options + Edit Plan Settings, I get the following error screen:

When I go to My Computer + Manage + Services + Power Service, and start the service I get the following error screen:

As a general rule, I leave the laptop plugged in. I am unable to run the laptop on battery power, with the cord unplugged. How do I correct the problem? I know that I didn't use to have this problem. Should I unplug the laptop periodically, and use the battery alone?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Saturday, January 2, 2016 5:45 PM

Answers

• Either you have a hardware problem or the system drivers from Sony are corrupt.

In either case you need to go to the Sony website to download and install the latest system drivers.

If that does not correct your problem you then need to have hardware diagnostics run on your system to look for defective or non-functional hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by John-L_ Saturday, January 2, 2016 7:57 PM
    Saturday, January 2, 2016 6:43 PM
  • I notice that the driver at devmgmt.msc + Batteries + Microsoft Composite Battery indicates "The device cannot start (Code 10)". Perhaps it is simply a battery issue. Thanks again.

Saturday, January 2, 2016 7:57 PM

All replies

• Either you have a hardware problem or the system drivers from Sony are corrupt.

In either case you need to go to the Sony website to download and install the latest system drivers.

If that does not correct your problem you then need to have hardware diagnostics run on your system to look for defective or non-functional hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, January 2, 2016 6:43 PM
  • I notice that the driver at devmgmt.msc + Batteries + Microsoft Composite Battery indicates "The device cannot start (Code 10)". Perhaps it is simply a battery issue. Thanks again.

Saturday, January 2, 2016 7:57 PM