h.264 displays black screen in ie 8, 9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On some machines I am facing a problem where our ActiveX is displaying black screen for h.264 stream. But it plays the MJPEG stream properly.

I tried playing the h.264 stream from VLC and VLC plays it fine.

We don't have any dependency over Java 7 but when I installed Java 7 Update 17 the IE started playing h.264 stream. If I uninstall Java 7 Update 17 then IE won't play the h.264 stream. If I Reset the IE setting then the problem goes away but want to find the setting causing this problem.

Any idea what is causing this problem?

I appreciate your input resolving this problem.

Regards, Jignesh

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

and your windows and IE versions would be?

html5 video is used to play h.264 media natively... there is no ActiveX equivalent.

start with

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:08 AM
  • Hi Rob Thanks for your input,

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with IE 9.

ActiveX is loaded in webpage which uses HTML 4.01.

If I Reset all Zone to default then also it doesn't work means h.264 stream doesn't play.

It looks purely some setting is getting enabled/disabled because as soon as I install Java 7 update 17 h.264 stream starts playing.

Regards, Jignesh

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:13 AM
  • Hi,

web page link please.....

Java RT can use <object> tags (recommended) or applet tags. You would have to find out the vendor of the Java class that is doing the video rendering

You can access the Java RT control panel from Start>Control Panel>Java 32bit... Oracle have released a number of patches in the past month or so.... they now have their own security slider on their control panel or there are options there to enable/disable Java RT independent of the IE addons manager....

The Java RT ActiveX control can also be managed from the IE addons manager... Tools>Manage Addons>Show all Addons.... it should be listed under Oracle... you may still have old versions listed under Sun Microsystems... refer to the java.com website for instructions in removing old versions.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:58 AM
  • Hi Rob Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your inputs,

web page link please.....

It is not a website so won't be able to give you any link. I would not be able to share the code as it is a commercial product,

I checked by Enabling/Disabling the Java content in browser option in Java 32 but no help.

In my web page we are loading the ActiveX in simple object html tag as below,

<object id="MyActiveX" classid="clsid:GHR5FDB4-4731-442A-818E-D4E5A6DE2323"
    	width="640" height="480" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px"
    	codebase="MyActiveX.cab#version=1,0,0,0">
    </object>

I appreciate your help in finding the exact root cause of this behavior.

Regards, Jignesh

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:29 PM