A/V and Desktop sharing not working with Federated Partner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing issue with establishing A/V and desktop sharing with Federated partner. Below is the scenario:

Currently env. has single site wit Lync 2013 pool and Lync 2013 edge. Everything is working fine.

We are deploying Skype for business in same topology. We have deployed 2 SFB site in pool pairing relationship.

We will be deploying SFB edge pool in one of the SFB site. Until all users are moved from FE to SFB pool, we will keep running federation from Lync 2013 edge server whose next hop is Lync 2013 FE pool. 

We created test users in SFB pool to check the co-existence scenario. Below are the result:

1. IM and Presence working fine between SFB users and Federated partner.

2. When we try to do A/V call, call does ring but it gives network error as soon as it is being picked. Even Desktop sharing session does not gets established.

This is happening only when user in SFB pool and connecting with federated partner.

Lync 2013 users are able to do A/V and sharing fine.

Ports are open from SFB Front end servers to Lync 2013 Edge in Lync 2013 site  in 3478, 8057,5061,5062 and 443.

Also, there is firewall between SFB site and lync 2013 site

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Pawan,

Have you checked the ports 50K which is required for AV?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398739(v=ocs.15).aspx 

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Monday, May 23, 2016 12:14 PM
  • HI Murali,

Port range 50k is required for federating with OCS partners. We are not federating with OCS partner.

Also, there is no issues in port from edge to outside world as A/V and desktop sharing working fine with users on Lync 2013 pool.

Only SFB pool user facing issues

Monday, May 23, 2016 12:58 PM
  • Hi Pawan,

50 K is not only for OCS, it needs to be open for Lync 2010 and 2013 federated partners,

A/V/RTP/TCP/50,000-59,999

Edge Server A/V Edge service IP address

Any

Required for federating with partners running Office Communications Server 2007, Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Lync Server 2010 and Lync Server 2013.

As you mentioned Lync 2013 users able to perform AV, What would be the next hop from SFB servers?

You need to check the ports from all firewalls in his path till reaching internet. 

And SFB users able to connect from outside(internet) and AV works fine?

Monday, May 23, 2016 2:11 PM
  • HI Murali,

As I mentioned in topology we have one Lync 2013 Edge and Lync 2013 pool in same Lync site. Next hop for Edge is Lync 2013 pool.

We have introduced 2 new SFB sites.

A/V works fine when Lync 2013 pool user connects with Federated partner through Lync 2013 Edge.

Issue is between SFB pool user does A/V or desktop sharing session with Federated partner. SFB servers also uses same Lync 2013 edge in topology. There should not be problem in firewall port between Lync edge and internet else the Lync 2013 users should also face issue. There should be some problem between SFB FE servers and Lync 2013 Edge. IM and Presence works fine

Monday, May 23, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Seems like you probably identified the problem.

There should be some problem between SFB FE servers and Lync 2013 Edge.

From the initial port you mentioned that you have firewall between Lync 2013 and SF servers. Is this from from SFB to Lync 2013 EDGE?

If so, I suggest to check the firewall as an initial steps.

Also, you can initiate traffic for AV and use netmon from Lync 2013 EDGE and filter with 50K and server ip. This would help to find out, whether you receive 50K port traffics from SFB front ends to Lync 2013 EDGE.

Monday, May 23, 2016 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

I have just observed that fo SFB user in SFB client configuration MRAS server URL is not populating.

However, it is populating for Lync 2013 user?

Monday, May 23, 2016 3:47 PM
  • Please check the replication is ok for all servers in your topology.

Get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus

and

Get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus -centralmanagement

Mras should point to edge server in their respective pool (in your case SFB edge server).

Have you fully deployed Edge server for SFB pool?If not then there should be no Mras. If it is deployed, you have to check external DNS for:

Access edge (sip.domain.com)

Webconf

A/V Edge

Name on these should NOT be the same as 2013 edge pool.

Your certificate (used on edge and reverse proxy)has to be renewed to contain these name as well.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:56 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the firewall between Lync Edge Server and SFB FE pool, make sure there is no application and proxy filter, if have, then disable it and then test again.

If the SFB pool use the different sip domain with the Lync Server 2013 pool, make sure add the SFB sip domain SANs to the Lync Edge external interface certificate.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:06 AM
  • Hi Eason,

We have not yet deployed Edge in SFB pool yet. However, Lync 2013 pool has Edge associated with it.

SFB pools are added in same Lync 2013 topology. 

We will be deploying the Edge pool in SFB site also later with same access edge, webconf and A/V URL and enable federation on SFB pool once all users are moved to SFB pool. Till that time, federation will run from Lync 2013 edge pool.

Anyhow, since topology is same, MRAS URL should be appearing for SFB users and pointing to Lync 2013 Edge pool?

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:40 AM