none
eDiscovery Scripting Download Tool RRS feed

• Question

• I have a script that is able to create and restart compliance searches, as well as trigger the ediscovery tool to download.

However, after some time, the download tool stopped working as it should and began to error out.

For debugging, I have the script output the Start-Process code it's using to start the download tool (which used to work, btw) as well as the error code produced by the tool. Here's an output (which I've redacted with {} for security reasons:

$ExportProcess = Start-Process -FilePath C:\Users\{username}\{downloadtoollocation}\micr..tool_31bf3856ad364e35_000f.0000_none_6888b0800a6fa588\microsoft.office.client.discovery.unifiedexporttool.exe -ArgumentList -name "20190520-{username}.mail_Export",-source  https://sbnmediscnam.blob.core.windows.net/{location},-key  ?sv={key},-dest "C:\Users\{username}\Downloads\" -PassThru

Id      : 23500
    Handles : 35
    CPU     : 0.015625
    SI      : 7
    Name    : microsoft.office.client.discovery.unifiedexporttool

Download Process Did NOT Finish Successfully.
    Exit code: -532462766

I've looked online for this error code (-532462766) and haven't been able to find anything. Can anyone offer any guidance on this?

Thank you

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the detailed version of your Exchange server?

What error information do you get when you use the script?

Do creating and starting eDiscovery search work?

You can check if eDiscovery Export tool works. Try to use the eDiscovery Export tool in EAC to export the results of an In-Place eDiscovery search to a PST file. Here are detailed steps: Export eDiscovery search results to a PST file

Check the Event Viewer for further analysis, some related logs may be created.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 27, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Hi,

Does eDiscovery Export tool work well in EAC?

Do you get any clues from event logs?

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 31, 2019 1:34 AM