Process is not getting killed when u exit the main shortcut RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am facing issue when uninstalling the APP-V package and cause for this is that process namely PSE.Updater.Cl*32 is helding the sfttray.exe and when i am trying to kill the process manually,it is not getting removed from TASK manager.

Please advise.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 8, 2016 11:55 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using Terminate Children = TRUE. Seems that you are using AppV 4.X & so open the OSD[The shortcut which causes the Issue], Change the value for the Terminate Children as True.

What Terminate Children will do is it'll see if any of the child process are still running even after closing the main executable & will kill the child process forcefully.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Monday, February 8, 2016 12:19 PM
  • That is set to TRUE already,but still it is not leaving sfttray.exe.

I also tried to use below command in script

TASKKILL inside OSD but no luck on that as well.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 8, 2016 12:26 PM
  • See if you can use Allow Local Interaction = TRUE. I've seen such kind of case where I resolved the issue by allowing Named Objects & COM Objects Interaction.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Monday, February 8, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Still no luck :(

any other way to find which thing is helding this process.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 8, 2016 1:19 PM
  • Is that process part of the package? In which context is it running (system/user)?

Roy Essers

Monday, February 8, 2016 1:23 PM
  • it is  running in User context and yes that is part of package and file i can see the command line showing it running from package location.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 8, 2016 2:05 PM
  • If you perform a: sfttray.exe /exit , does this kill the running process?

Roy Essers

Monday, February 8, 2016 3:10 PM
  • No, it does not kill the process.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 8, 2016 4:01 PM
  • strange, are you able to close it manually? Or by running taskkill /im process.exe /f

Roy Essers

Monday, February 8, 2016 4:10 PM
  • i tried manually as well to kill the process but it still appearing in TASK manager.

and in command prompt when running taskkill /im pse.updater.cl /f..it returns sucess but i still see the process is running and not stopping.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 8, 2016 4:16 PM
  • Is this some kind of a service? If so try, net stop servicename instead of taskkill

Roy Essers

Monday, February 8, 2016 5:05 PM
  • No it is not a service.

One thing observed is that when  putting files locally on c:\ drive at that time i am able to kill the process,but in appv package it does not getting killed even when trying manually to kill.

Umeed4u

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hmmz, I suppose this package is already deployed in your production environment? If not, I suppose that exe is some kind of update-tool, which is actually not needed, are you able to disable the "feature"? Or remove the file from the package, so it will not start in the first place.

Roy Essers

Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:06 AM
  • Hi Roy,

I tried to remove the file but when launching the shortcut it crashes.

Umeed4u

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:26 AM