none
Wiki performance & network issues [SOLVED] RRS feed

• General discussion

• As many of our fans have noticed, the Wiki is currently facing performance and network issues.

You might experience intermittent failures while editing, saving a Wiki article.

The issues have been reported to the support team and are currently under investigation.

We will keep you posted on the situation.

Peter Geelen (Quest For Security) (blog)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Sunday, May 22, 2016 9:02 PM
    Owner

All replies

• *Update [23/may/2016, 13h30 CEST], support team reported that the issues should be solved.

Please report issues on the TNWiki forum (http://aka.ms/wikiforum)

Peter Geelen (Quest For Security) (blog)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:33 AM
    Owner
  • The issue is still there I guess, Specifically when you are adding image in the wiki article. Initially the button to browse image is not working, after clicking multiple times it is coming and when you add the image finally it is taking decades to reflect. Bottom like is adding image is not working its really slow and broken.

Also the whole wiki is really slow, is this intended behavior ?

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Please , please Stop disseminating the wrong information that Issue is resolved. IT IS NOT resolved. Below is proof

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, May 27, 2016 9:37 AM
  • I believe the issue you refer to is different. As I recall, there were a few hours about May 22 when I could not authenticate to the Wiki. If I modified an article, errors were raised because I was not logged in, and I could not log in.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, June 2, 2016 4:08 PM
  • I believe the issue you refer to is different. As I recall, there were a few hours about May 22 when I could not authenticate to the Wiki. If I modified an article, errors were raised because I was not logged in, and I could not log in.

NO Richard, The issue is same, When you are writing a new article and submitting it its just giving the sorry message and content is lost. Moreover when you say its fixed one would assume every related issue is fixed. Wiki team was aware about "content being lost" issue

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:44 PM
  • The issue you refer to will probably never be fixed. It has very low priority because the goal is to replace the Wiki platform. The present platform has many other issues (and bugs), and Microsoft believes effort is better spent on a replacement. Unfortunately, the development team is also responsible for the forums and blog platforms. I think they recently rolled out a new blog platform so maybe next their work will return to the Wiki. We have anticipated major improvements for about a year now. But they rejected their first alternative last summer and the effort proved more than they expected.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:36 PM
  • This seems bit logical. 

Thank You

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:47 AM
  • As you find these, please submit these as bugs via emails to "fissues" at Microsoft.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 6, 2016 7:57 PM
    Owner