none
How to Remove Windows Spotlight - Background Image / Features suggestions, fun facts, tips using Group Policy

Question

• OK, I'm running Windows 10 PRO Version 1607, Build 14393.576.  

Everything in Group Policy I've tried is not changing the lock screen background or is it disabling the stupid feature suggestions and fun facts.  I know how to turn it off in Windows but I need to do it through Group Policy.  This isn't working for me:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Force a specific default lock screen image.

I have the box checked that says "Turn off fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on lock screen.  And I have the lock screen image pointed to a local wallpaper.  

Does anyone have anything else I can try?  

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Where did you configure the group policy: GPMC on DC or local group policy editor?
    If you configure group policy on DC, please confirm that the GPO is applied successfully to the clients by running gpresult /r command.
    If you configure in the local, please check if the related registry is created and pointed to correct image path under the following path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:31 AM