Project Server 2013 : Hours in Timesheet and in Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the previous versions of Project Server, it was possible to copy hours from Timesheet to Tasks view and vice versa.

Is it still possible with 2013 version ?

How ?

Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

within timesheet, you have several options:

1. Turn in Final Timesheet
    2. Send Progress for all Tasks
    3. Send Progress for Selected Tasks

All of these actions will force these hours also to be visible on Tasks page. It is just automatically. So if users only use timesheets, timesheets and tasks will be in sync after any "Send".

If you are really looking for a "copy", you may not use "Single Entry Mode". In this case, users should only enter progress in Tasks. After at least saving, they can import these values into timesheet. They need to select tasks they want to import progress and start the import with Options - Import - Import Task Progress.

I am always using SEM, since it is less effort and forces hours to be in sync.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:42 PM
    Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

"copy" is only available in a one way direction: Timesheet -> Tasks.

Just enable Single Entry Mode in Server Settings (PWA Settings) - Timesheet Settings and Defaults. See  1. Use single entry mode  for more information. It was written for Project Server 2010, but is still applicable for 2013, 2016, 2019 and Project Online.
    Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

I have SEM actived, but I don't find any button which allows this copy from Timesheet to Task ?

Thanks

Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

within timesheet, you have several options:

1. Turn in Final Timesheet
    2. Send Progress for all Tasks
    3. Send Progress for Selected Tasks

All of these actions will force these hours also to be visible on Tasks page. It is just automatically. So if users only use timesheets, timesheets and tasks will be in sync after any "Send".

If you are really looking for a "copy", you may not use "Single Entry Mode". In this case, users should only enter progress in Tasks. After at least saving, they can import these values into timesheet. They need to select tasks they want to import progress and start the import with Options - Import - Import Task Progress.

I am always using SEM, since it is less effort and forces hours to be in sync.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:42 PM
    Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Very clear for me now!

Thanks a lot Barbara!

Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:43 PM