DLL Contents modifies when copied to System32 directory RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DLL I have compiled and have had it for a long time. I originally copied it into the System32 directory on the Windows 7 Pro machine. All is fine at this point.

I then added some more functions to this DLL and tried to copy the new DLL into the System32 directory and it copies fine. However, the new functions are not there when viewed with Dependency Walker and the application also indicates that the functions that were added are not there.

BUT, if I copy this new DLL from the system32 directory and place it on the Desktop and look at it again with Dependency Walker, the new functions show up.

Why is Windows not allowing  or modifying the contents of my DLL while in the System32 directory.

I have administrator rights and it does not indicate that I can't overwrite the existing DLL. I can even remove the DLL from the System32 directory and then reboot and place a new copy of the DLL in there and it still will not export the newly added functions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Derek

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please post your thread at MSDN Forums. You can get better help at there.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, December 27, 2010 1:55 AM
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:15 AM