none
Icannot send mails to Hotmail and several domains

Question

• I cannot send mails to Hotmail via "Triton websense smarthost" all mails are stocked in the delay messages

Reason for Delay Exception delay 2 (lost connection with mx1.hotmail.com[65.55.37.72] while sendi...)"  

although i can send mails to gmail 

my domain and IP are not listed 

Ahmed Zidan Network Administrator

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Ahmed,

Could you tell me more details?

Please post entire firewall error information for our troubleshooting. For test, we could disable firewall to check if the issue persist. If it worked, please contact Vendor of Sonicwall to get help.

Best Regard,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:56 AM

All replies

• Try to drop an email to hotmail email address through telnet from your network and see the results.

Enable protocol logging on the connectors and see if you get any results

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 2:59 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your question.

By this issue, we could run the following command to make sure all server components are running,

Get-ServerComponentState –Identity <ServerName>

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj218713%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx

If all server components are running, we could run the following command on send connector or smarthost to check if the issue persist:

Set-Sendconnector -identity <sendconnectorname> -IgnoreSTARTTLS $true   

We could also restart “Microsoft Exchange Information Store”. In addition, check if there are any errors in application log and post them for our troubleshooting.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:21 AM
  • thank you for effort  

kindly be informed that the mention error from firewall device ( sonicwall utm) specially ( Intrusion Prevention )   

Ahmed Zidan Network Administrator

Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:09 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

Could you tell me more details?

Please post entire firewall error information for our troubleshooting. For test, we could disable firewall to check if the issue persist. If it worked, please contact Vendor of Sonicwall to get help.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:56 AM