none
Connect Project Online or Project Pro/Server to Visual Studio Team Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys, we have gone head first into Visual Studio Team Services (Online) and have thus far been able to do everything we need to do.  I see that you can connect Power BI to VSTS, but have yet to be able to find a way to connect the data in VSTS to Project Online or Project Pro which our portfolio manager would very much like to be able to do. We aren't committed to any version of Project yet, so we're pretty flexible.

Can anyone here help me get started?  It seems like there must be a way to do this.

Thanks!

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:16 PM

All replies

• I do not think there is a Microsoft provided connector to do this, at least not yet. Your options are to develop a custom application using the APIs available or use a third party product like CSConnect, to handle the integration. 

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:39 PM
  • There are connectors on the market for this, e.g. by Layer2 (using OData sync for both entities).

You will find Project and also TFS in the list here:

http://www.layer2solutions.com/en/solutions/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks, Frank

Monday, February 15, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Did you end up getting this to work? I'm a PM trying to connect to VSTS to get my data. I'm having a heck of a time getting the MS Office Team Foundation Add-in to work. 

Sorry to reply to a two year old comment. Thanks!

Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:46 PM