error 0x81000037 RRS feed

• Question

• Up until last night I was able to do daily backs up with no problems... thenw hen i woke up this morning, started the laptop and was greeted with the 

error 0x81000037 

I dont understand what a re parse point is and how to remove them. But it seemed to me that most people who had this problem was backing up for the first time while I am not.

also I tried turning off Microsoft security essentials, and still a no go.

Edit:

Ha! seems like the problem was Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider and Volume shadow copy where turned off! So i just turned them back on reboot and viola! back up worked!

Saturday, November 6, 2010 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the KB 973455, you can try remove the reparse point from the library to solve this issue.

I dont understand what a re parse point is and how to remove them.

You can refer to:

Reparse Points

Reparse Point Operations

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, November 15, 2010 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:07 AM

All replies

• I think that the best way to proceed is to restore your system using a restore  point that dates before the appearance of your problem.

This link will help for the restore.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

According to the KB 973455, you can try remove the reparse point from the library to solve this issue.

I dont understand what a re parse point is and how to remove them.

You can refer to:

Reparse Points

Reparse Point Operations

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, November 15, 2010 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:07 AM