none
How Can I find a "missing" timesheet? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

One of my resources submtted his timesheet and the timesheet status shows "submitted", but the timesheet does not show up in any approval center to be approved,nor in the queue, nor on any error logs. What could have happened to it and how can I find and and approve it? I've had the resource "recall" the timesheet and start over, and the same thing happens- he submits it, and it "disappears". Help!!!

Judy Washington

Monday, March 18, 2013 7:35 PM

All replies

• Judy,

Have user recall, delete, re-create and resubmit affected timesheet

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 18, 2013 7:52 PM
  • Hi HD,

I had the user, recall, delete, and recreate the timesheet - same thing happened. The resource submitted the timesheet, the staus says "submitted final" but neither the timesheet, nor any of the status updates show up any where to be approved.

Judy

Judy Washington

Monday, March 18, 2013 8:46 PM
  • While submitting the timesheet , do you see timesheet manager's  window? Do you have multiple timesheet approvers?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:55 PM
  • The "missing" timesheet is probably sitting in the Approval Center of the project manager of the 2013 Pre-Sales project. After the project manager approves the project tasks, the timesheet will go to the Approval Center of the Timesheet Manager.
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hi Richard,

I AM the project manager for the Pre-Sales project, as well as the Timesheet Manager for this particular resource, so either way, it should have landed in my Approval center. Thanks for your input though.

Judy

Judy Washington

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Yes, I do see the Timesheet Manager window, and no, there is only one approver, me.

Judy

Judy Washington

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Judy,

Are you using RBS?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:35 PM
  • No, We are not using RBS

Judy Washington

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:54 PM
  • Try changing the timesheet manager for this resource to see if that makes any difference

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:55 PM
  • Hi, I followed your suggestion and changed the timesheet manager for this resource. Same result - the status for the timesheet is (final submitted) but the timesheet is not showing up any where to be approved. I've check all Timesheet Managers approval centers. The timesheet goes missing once it is submitted for approval.

Judy

Judy Washington

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:33 PM
  • I think next step would be using SQL profiler trace on Project Published database , to find out to whom timesheet is being submitted for approval.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:31 PM