Windows logon user interface host stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried a whole bunch of solutions but I keep getting this error in the Reliability Monitor

Reliability Monitor

This is what I did:

• I ran the command "sfc /scannow" and found no integrity violations
    • I ran the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth", which fixed a couple of problems
    • I ran the command "Chkdsk /r /f", no errors what so ever.
    • I cleaned the reliability monitor

But I keep getting the error.

The following information comes from the event viewer:

Event Viewer

What can I do to solve this problem?

Friday, October 17, 2014 11:13 AM

Answers

• I'm one step further.

I uninstalled HP ProtectTools Security Manager and related software (Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools and Computrace for HP ProtectTools) and the problem disappeared.

Once I re-installed HP Protecttools Security Manager (latest version from the HP site) everything is ok. But after I enrolled a fingerprint, the problem occured again. Installation of Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools and Computrace for HP ProtectTools doesn't seem to have an influence.

Conclusion: I have to contact HP Support ;-)

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:56 AM

All replies

• did this PC connected to domain or office network?

most of this issue caused by 3rd party software installation

do you remember if there is any changes before this issue start happen?

I suggest do clean boot, if didn't solved try system restore, if you can remember software changes before this issue happen try to uninstall that software

try with different user account to check

• Edited by britishdhez Monday, October 20, 2014 5:46 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 5:46 AM
  • I'm one step further.

I uninstalled HP ProtectTools Security Manager and related software (Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools and Computrace for HP ProtectTools) and the problem disappeared.

Once I re-installed HP Protecttools Security Manager (latest version from the HP site) everything is ok. But after I enrolled a fingerprint, the problem occured again. Installation of Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools and Computrace for HP ProtectTools doesn't seem to have an influence.

Conclusion: I have to contact HP Support ;-)

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:56 AM