none
Project Server 2007 backups per item via Project Web Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am investigating the backup and restore process in Project Server 2007. However when I try restoring the backups all modifications are not reverted to the supposed backup state. My questions are:

- Is backing up/restoring PER ITEM only possible within the Project Web Access?

- What is or is there a physical location of these backups?
    So I can check security permissions, filesize etc

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Correct, this built in admin backup / restore functionality is only available via PWA > Server Settings. The backs up are stored in the Archive database. Do the restore jobs process through the queue (PWA > Manage Queue)? Where are you checking the project after the restore? PWA or Project Pro? After a restore the Projects will need to be opened in Project Pro, then published for the restored project to appear in PWA.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Antonio274 Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Correct, this built in admin backup / restore functionality is only available via PWA > Server Settings. The backs up are stored in the Archive database. Do the restore jobs process through the queue (PWA > Manage Queue)? Where are you checking the project after the restore? PWA or Project Pro? After a restore the Projects will need to be opened in Project Pro, then published for the restored project to appear in PWA.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Antonio274 Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:41 AM
  • Thanks Paul that was the answer!

Yes the restore jobs processed through the queue, the problem was I wasnt opening and publishing the project within Project Pro.
    Sorry new to Project Server, yet administering :)

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:27 AM