Installing ProClarity on 64bit server using WoW64 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is it possible to install ProClarity on a 64 Bit server using WoW64 and not affect SSRS running in 64 bit IIS.

Thanks

Paul Heath

Monday, July 7, 2008 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hello pheath,

ProClarity is a 32bit application and requires IIS to run in 32-bit mode.  IIS6 can run in either 32 or 64 bit mode so if you install ProClarity and change IIS to 32bit, the web components of SSRSx64 will not work.  IIS7, however, can run both 32 and 64 bit applications on the same webserver at the same time.

hth

Monday, July 7, 2008 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hello pheath,

ProClarity is a 32bit application and requires IIS to run in 32-bit mode.  IIS6 can run in either 32 or 64 bit mode so if you install ProClarity and change IIS to 32bit, the web components of SSRSx64 will not work.  IIS7, however, can run both 32 and 64 bit applications on the same webserver at the same time.

hth

Monday, July 7, 2008 4:01 PM
  •  Sean Flanagan [MSFT] wrote:

Hello pheath,

hth

Sean, I'm trying to install ProClarity on a 64bit machine, with SSRS, and have been having a difficult time.  When I go through the PAS installation and I get to the point where it tells me that "64bit support for IIS will be disabled", ASP.net disappears (thereby removing SSRS).  I can get PAS to work fine, but SSRS is toast.  Do I have to re-install IIS?  In doing some searching, I've been lead to believe that SSRS and PAS can co-exist on a 64bit machine, but I haven't seen anything definitive.  Can they co-exist?  What hoops do I need to jump through to make this happen?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:23 PM
  • Running both 32 and 64 bit worker processes in IIS6 is not possible.  With Server2003x64 you cannot run SSRSx64 and PAS at the same time - it's either one or the other.  With IIS7, however, you can run both SSRSx64 and PAS side by side with no problems.  To get IIS7 you'd need either Server '08 or Vista.  To switch IIS6 back to 64bit mode you will want to check this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996091(EXCHG.80).aspx

-Sean

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:48 PM
  • That pretty much clears it up!  Thanks.

On a side note, is there any timetable for ProClarity going to 64bit?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:29 PM
  • Unfortunately there is no current timetable for a 64bit version of ProClarity so you will want to plan for a mixed 32/64bit IIS environment.  Not to re-ring the IIS7 bell again but it is great for the ProClarity platform as this has always been an issue with IIS6 on a 64bit machine.  Future versions of PPS that include more of ProClarity's functionality will for certain have 64bit versions.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:37 PM