none
Bit Locker locked RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I recently tried logging into my PC, but since I couldn't remember my password I locked my account and now I need a bit locker key. Anyone know where I can find the bit locker key?? 
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:01 AM

All replies

• During the configuration of bitlocker it asks you to create a backup of your recovery key.
    You can store it in Active Directory (if your computer is domain-joined).

If your computer isn't domain-joined, and you were logged in using your Microsoft Account, you might want to check OneDrive.

Always make sure you create a backup of your recovery key, there is no way to recover the Bitlocker recovery key without it.

• Proposed as answer by AntoonBouw Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:21 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:21 AM
  • hello there,

Let me tell you that it is very difficult to break the bitlocker if you dont remember the password or Bitlocker key.

First question - who has set the bitlocker password you or someone else

if it is you then try to remember the password.

2nd question - If you are not able to re-collect the password , then do you know where have you kept the recovery key.

if you dont know - open my computer and in the search field enter bitlocker

or in the search filed enter  *.txt

See if your computer can help you .

• Proposed as answer by RyannPa Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:05 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Hi  

The drive must be unlocked by the recovery password or recovery key. But you forgot the password and dont remember the recovery key location.

Try what Antoonb and prashant singh has suggested and see your luck.

Otherwise you consult professional data recovery company and check if they can help.

thanks

Ryann

• Proposed as answer by RyannPa Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:05 AM
    • Edited by RyannPa Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:06 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:

• On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.

• Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive in to your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.

• In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• In your Azure Active Directory account. For work PCs where you sign in with an Azure Active Directory account, to get your recovery key, see the device info for your Microsoft Azure account.

• Or ask someone for help:

• Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.

• If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key.

• If you still can't get in, you'll need to reset your PC. Learn how.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 25, 2017 1:02 AM
    Owner