none
Windows update task in Standard client Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• When I use the out of the box "standard client task sequence" template in MDT, it comes with following two task sequence in disabled status automatically. 

1. Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation)

2. Windows Update (Post-Application Installation)

I enabled both the tasks above and I tasked to install all my applications including MS Office in-between above two tasks. However I am observing that the two tasks above only picks up OS updates and not office update!

Am I missing anything to get Office updates same way as I get OS updates?

Appreciate for reading through and your replies!

Thank you!

D_Sam

• Edited by D_Sam Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:58 AM

Answers

• What have you done to diagnose the problem yourself?

What did the bdd.log file say? What did the Windowsupdate.log file say? What Updates are *not* getting installed that *should* be installed?

If you still need help, put the files on a public share (like skydrive), and post the link here.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:44 PM

All replies

• ZTIWindowsUpdate.wsf should automatically pick up Office updates if available. It may be missing some updates if you are pointing to a WSUS Server WSUSServer=http://MyWSUS:1234

YOu can verify by going to to WIndows UPdate in the OS to manually check for Windows Updates and Microsoft Updates.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:06 AM
  • There is no WSUS in my environment. Here is the sequence again:

1. Windows Update (Pre-Application Installation)

2. Install Office 2013 (App install phase)

3. Windows Update (Post-Application Installation)

I am observing that #3 above runs very quickly and doesn't pick up any office updates.

I suspended my TS after #3 above and ran Windows update manually which shows multiple Office updates are relevant for my build computer. That's how I realized that the #3 above is not picking up Office updates.

Thanks!

D_Sam

• Edited by D_Sam Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:45 PM
    • Proposed as answer by BruceCWA Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:45 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:43 PM
  • What have you done to diagnose the problem yourself?

What did the bdd.log file say? What did the Windowsupdate.log file say? What Updates are *not* getting installed that *should* be installed?

If you still need help, put the files on a public share (like skydrive), and post the link here.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:44 PM