none
.NET 4.5.1 Framework installation fails on Windows 7

Question

• I want to get .NET 4.5.1 installed on Windows 7 computer but when I do I get the following error:

"There is not enough disk space on your drive for the new files to be uncompressed and installed"

There is loads of space, and if I uncompress the redistributable using 7-zip and run setup I get the following error:

"Blocking Issues: You cannot use this setup program to install the .NET Framework"

This computer previously had .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed, but I have a requirement for 4.5.1 so I uninstalled 4.5.2.

Any suggestions how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Mark

Monday, November 02, 2015 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark Salter,

The .net installation package is not available to extract the .exe package and click the setup.exe to install it directly.

According to the error messages, please ensure the C:\(system drive) has enough spaces. We could try the built-in disk clean tool  to clear the C:\ to get more spaces.
    Righ click C:\, Properties, General, Disk Cleanup

Please right click the installation package and choose "Run as administrator".

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:10 AM