Are we still dealing with Ghosting and Unghosting Pages Nightmare in 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• With all the great features and enhancements 
    Are we still dealing with Ghosting and Unghosting Pages Nightmare in SharePoint 2010?
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you looking for a specific answer? As Becky mentioned, ghosted and unghosted pages are integral parts of SharePoint. SharePoint Designer 2010 has invested in tools to make it easier to eidt pages without unghosting. By default, pages are opened in "safe mode" where the user can edit only in the web part zones. If more customization is needed (and unghosting is okay), then the "advanced mode" gives you access to the full page markup.

Best,
    Kolby
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:09 PM

All replies

• Yup. It's a pretty fundamental part of how SharePoint works and I don't see it going away any time soon.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:36 PM
  • No, Becky i think there are some major changes (we as developers are feeling the changes) cause lots of people were talking at PDC 2009 and I'm looking in to that
    Friday, February 12, 2010 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

Are you looking for a specific answer? As Becky mentioned, ghosted and unghosted pages are integral parts of SharePoint. SharePoint Designer 2010 has invested in tools to make it easier to eidt pages without unghosting. By default, pages are opened in "safe mode" where the user can edit only in the web part zones. If more customization is needed (and unghosting is okay), then the "advanced mode" gives you access to the full page markup.

Best,
    Kolby
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:09 PM
  • Great! Thanks
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:39 PM