FOPE in Office365 academic plan RRS feed

• Question

• I have an academic customer who has been using FOPE to filter all of their mail from multiple sources; they now want to deploy O365 but do not want to have to recreate all of their rules and settings.

Is there a way to import existing rules, etc from FOPE into EOP in an Office365 A2 plan?

In the previous version of Office365, you could access the FOPE Administration Center via the exchange settings. Is this still available in the new version and if so how do I get to it?

Friday, March 22, 2013 11:33 AM

Answers

• Yes, I follow.  What I'm saying is that Microsoft may be able to simply "glue" your existing FOPE tenant to the new o365 account, but I'm not sure.  You'll want to open a (free) support ticket with them.

Otherwise, it sounds like you'll have to do the FOPE export you were talking about and use PowerShell scripting to reconfigure EOP (or do it manually).

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

• Marked as answer by Fin0 Monday, March 25, 2013 2:50 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Mike Crowley Friday, March 22, 2013 8:39 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 8:22 PM
  • I just re-read your post.  FOPE is included with Office 365, are you saying this academic customer is using the standalone FOPE?  I'd file a FOPE ticket to see if Microsoft can simply re-use your existing FOPE tenant with your new Office 365 tenant.  Typically this can be done, but now that everything is going to wave 15, I'm not sure.

Also: 

Service Upgrade Changes for Policy Rules, which covers differences between FOPE policy rules and Exchange Transport rules.

BTW, you can manually create EOP config here:

Mike Crowley | MVP

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:29 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answers; yes the customer is already using standalone FOPE - they have invested a lot of time in getting it set up just as they like it, so they want a quick way to use all of those settings in the new O365 environment. For example, they are also passing some Gmail accounts through FOPE, so it is not a matter of moving over to EOP 100%.

Their ideal scenario is that they continue to use what they have but somehow add the O365 tenant to their existing FOPE, if that makes sense?

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Yes, I follow.  What I'm saying is that Microsoft may be able to simply "glue" your existing FOPE tenant to the new o365 account, but I'm not sure.  You'll want to open a (free) support ticket with them.

Otherwise, it sounds like you'll have to do the FOPE export you were talking about and use PowerShell scripting to reconfigure EOP (or do it manually).

Mike Crowley | MVP

• Marked as answer by Fin0 Monday, March 25, 2013 2:50 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Thanks Mike, much appreciated.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 2:51 PM