Event ID 2424 Again RRS feed

• Question

• I am having the dreaded Event id 2424 again and previous fixes are not working.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search
    Event Category: Gatherer
    Event ID: 2424
    Date:  5/20/2008
    Time:  4:00:01 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Description:
    The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.
    Context: Application 'Search', Catalog 'index file on the search server Search'

I have tried these fixes but I still get this error, every five minutes.  The only change to the FARM before this error started again was a change to the AAM.  After the error started I deleted the AAM entry but the error still continues.

Search works fine... Only this error is occurring.

Not in any order

1) Tried the fix in this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927012
    2) Verified Service Account has DB read privileges to content database
    3) Verified Windows SP Services Admin Services is not a local system account but is my domain\service account
    4) Verified Service Account on Services Search Service is not an local service or network account but is my domain\service account
    5) Stopped, started Services Search Service and moved index file to temp location, no luck
    6) rebooted server
    7) Deleted/reentered accounts listed under "process accounts with access to this SSP" in the edit default SSP properties.

Again suggestions to fix this problem?

Scott

Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:42 PM

Answers

• Don't know why but the problem corrected itself...  While the error occured I could browse to any site with no errors.

Scott

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:34 PM

All replies

• If you log into this box, can you actually browse to the sites your trying to crawl? i.e. does it render ok in IE?

Friday, May 23, 2008 2:46 AM
  • Don't know why but the problem corrected itself...  While the error occured I could browse to any site with no errors.

Scott

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:34 PM
  •  

Do you have solution for this EventID 2424? I have the same error as well.

Please help

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:48 AM
  • Is there a confirmed fix for this error?

My WSS 3.0 server has been running (with the search facility active) for a few months without any problems then we suddenly started experiencing the Event ID 2424 as described avery 5 minutes.

It doesn't even appear to be directly linked to any active searches taking place.

I have tried the KB927012 fix which didn't seem to make any difference.

Any assistance appreciated.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:34 AM
  • What I did was restart the search service and make sure to turn off all the IE proxy. the last time we had is because our site is accesing through some proxy. after turn off and restart the search service..
    this error no more appear

good luck
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:08 PM