office 365 outlook not downloading sent items with new setup computer RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up new computers for my company. I installed office 365 in computer and login with an online exchange account but the sent item is empty. I can see the sent email in webpage (from owa) but not inside office 365. any advice?
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I am setting up new computers for my company

Does this issue only occurs to a particular account or it affects all users?

If it only happens to a specific account, it is suggested to try opening Outlook in safe mode (press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) to check if it behaves normally. This helps eliminates whether the problem lies in any third party add-ins.

If the problem affect all users, could you please collect the detailed version information of your Outlook then we can do more research on this?

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, November 27, 2017 6:14 AM
    Friday, November 24, 2017 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

Could we know whether this issue is solved? If yes, could you please help mark the useful post as answer to close the thread so that others who might have a similar issue can more easily find it? 

Any problem, please feel free to tell me!

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 27, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Hi there,

I am consistently having the same issue (been swapping pc's as my laptop is being fixed by HP).

I have tried the safe mode option suggested above, but am still getting the same issue. All previously sent items are fine in OWA, but not in desptop app. Only emails sent since install are visible. Same thing happened last week and appeared after about half an hour or so, but this morning has been nearly 2 hours with no change.

Seems strange that they don't automatically populate as  the app is installed.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:17 AM