Show Progress Bar APPV 5 SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, the Progrss Bar in Appv 5 does not show up (Appv 5 Build 5.0.10107.0).

The Setting EnablePublishingRefreshUI is set to 1.

Still, the Progress Bar don't show up, when I start a Appv 5 Application????

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:59 AM

Answers

• Try selecting "Force applications to be fully downloaded beforce launcing." in the sequencing wizard.

Also described here

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:31 PM

All replies

• Whitch Version Windows?

Friday, February 27, 2015 8:28 AM
  • According to this MS article, this option is only available in SP2, and not SP3.

Friday, February 27, 2015 8:45 AM
  • I have 5.0 SP3 in our DEV environment (Server 2008 R2 x64, Citrix XenApp host) and the refresh UI works great for both Admin and Non-Admin users, RDP and ICA sessions.

When you say the setting is set to 1, is this reflected from a powershell Get-AppvClientConfiguration command?

Make sure the AppvStreamingUX.exe process is running under the user context, otherwise the progress bar won't display.

I don't believe the progress bar shows up when launching an app by design, only when syncing packages from the content server.  Are you expecting the same functionality and visibility as in App-V 4.6?

Friday, February 27, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Are your packages set to fault tolerance?  In order to make use of the progress bar that shows launching, you must either have a first launch feature block, or set the package to download fully before launch.  I don't believe fault tolerance uses the progress bar at all.  At least I've never seen it with fault tolerance.
    • Edited by agallucci Friday, February 27, 2015 3:23 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Try selecting "Force applications to be fully downloaded beforce launcing." in the sequencing wizard.

Also described here

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:31 PM
  • Yes it worked with "Force applications to be fully downloaded before launching" Thanks
    Monday, March 2, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Is it possible to change this Setting "Force application to be fully ..." without creating the package new?
    Monday, March 2, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Yes, to change stream options you need to do an update in the sequencer, then when you get to the screen for optimization choose differently.

Keep in mind though disabling streaming JUST to get the progress bar is a bit of an overkill, but obviously the choice is yours. 

RalJans, are you sure you only get the progress bar if you download all, not when using FB1?  I have seen it before, the Office 2013 ODT packages being a good example and I don't believe they download fully before showing the progress bar.

Monday, March 2, 2015 3:41 PM