Encrypt multiple documents with RMS sharing application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm trying to encrypt multiple documents at a time with the RMS sharing app.
    Unfortunately, it comes back with the error that I can only encrypt one file at a time.
    Also mails with more than one attachment, fail on share protect:

I read that it is in fact possible to encrypt multiple files at a time? Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,

Glenn Leysen

Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:57 AM

All replies

• You can do this with protect in-place when you select a template rather than use custom permissions - either multi-select files or select the folder. From the user guide, Protect a file on a device (protect in-place):

When you select a policy template, you can also protect multiple files and a folder. When you select a folder, all the files in that folder are automatically selected for protection but new files that you create in that folder will not be automatically protected.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Hi Carol,

Thank you for your answer.

So you always have to work with templates? Custom permissions is only for one document?

I can't believe people always send just one attachment in their mail.
    Isn't there a way to encrypt multiple attachments from within outlook?
    Because to first have to do an in-place protection with a template seems like an unnecessary extra step.

Kind regards,

Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:40 PM
  • If your protecting the email directly from outlook (file\info\set permissions - or Options Tab\Permissions) it will protect the whole email as well as each attachment separately allowing multiple attachments.
    The limitation however is that you don't have the flexibility of sending to an external contact. Outlook also is limited to using templates (no Ad-Hock protection)

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:32 PM