why i am getting multiple password tiles in the lock screen? RRS feed

• Question

• i have been testing with third party credential providers. till windows 8.1 i was getting the third party credential provider working fine. once i upgraded to windows 10 i am getting multiple tiles. with the name of Password. each password tile is mapped to individual user who logged in the machine.

i need to know what is reason for password tile in the lock screen. is there any way to avoid or hide that tile.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi!

What's the name of the application that you are using?

It could be that it isn't supported on Windows 10 or that the new tiles are treated as different users instead of ways to sign in.

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

Andreas Molin | Site: www.guidestomicrosoft.com | Twitter: andreas_molin

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, October 23, 2015 1:16 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding to 3rd party software problem, we’d suggest you post in vendor forum first because we cannot test it on our environment and There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with their products. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Meanwhile, new system and Windows 10 update on device might breaks the third-party credential provider. Contact with software vendor about this possibility and see if they have released update for new version of system.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 12, 2015 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi!

What's the name of the application that you are using?

It could be that it isn't supported on Windows 10 or that the new tiles are treated as different users instead of ways to sign in.

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

Andreas Molin | Site: www.guidestomicrosoft.com | Twitter: andreas_molin

Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding to 3rd party software problem, we’d suggest you post in vendor forum first because we cannot test it on our environment and There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with their products. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Meanwhile, new system and Windows 10 update on device might breaks the third-party credential provider. Contact with software vendor about this possibility and see if they have released update for new version of system.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 12, 2015 3:23 AM