Operations Manager Internal Connectors filters not working as expected RRS feed

• Question

• We have a SCOM connector that is supposed to receive Alerts and forward it to other systems. This connector runs as a Windows service. As soon as the service starts, the connector gets listed under Product Connectors -> Internal Connectors as expected.  By default the connector gets all the alerts - new, updated etc. The requirement is to get Alerts only when a particular criteria is met. As per my understanding this can be achieved by adding a subscription for the connector and specify the criteria in there. The issue is that the subscription that is added for this connector, to filter only specific Alerts, is not working. 

The connector calls Connector.GetMonitoringAlerts() method and it gets all Alerts irrespective of the criteria defined in the subscription in Operations Manager.

The SCOM version we are using is 2012.

Any help / guidance is much appreciated.

Vivek

• Edited by Vivek.Rai Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:26 PM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To narrow it down , I'd suggest you first check subscription part in SCOM .

I mean , you may try to test the subscription with E-Mail channel (or command channel) to test if that subscription works with same criteria setting .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Elton_Ji Sunday, October 8, 2017 3:32 PM
    Sunday, October 8, 2017 3:31 PM