none
3121 Events in Event Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems wiht Adobe Flah player crashing, I know that it also is aa problem with Java, I tried uninstalling Flash Player & java & reinstaelled thme but still wont owrk.

I opened Event Viewer and have 3,121 Events listed, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Quad Core computer, I have no idea how I have received so many erors, the computer runs fine except that I cant load any Flash Player videos and also get a Java Error message " Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" Program C:/program Files/Java/jre6/bin/java.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information

I can post some of the Error files if it would help

Error    11/10/2010 3:20:30 AM    VSS    8194    None
    Error    11/9/2010 2:19:54 AM    VSS    8194    None
    Error    11/9/2010 2:10:11 AM    WMI    10    None
    Error    11/8/2010 4:49:04 AM    Application Error    1000    (100)
    Error    11/7/2010 12:00:01 PM    WMI    10    None
    Error    11/7/2010 11:22:27 AM    WMI    10    None
    Error    11/6/2010 8:48:42 PM    Application Hang    1002    (101)
    Error    11/6/2010 8:11:50 PM    WMI    10    None
    Error    11/6/2010 2:30:02 PM    WMI    10    None
    Error    11/2/2010 6:27:00 PM    Application Error    1000    (100)
    Error    11/2/2010 6:15:01 PM    Application Hang    1002    (101)
    Error    11/1/2010 2:15:45 PM    VSS    8194    None
    Error    11/1/2010 12:53:28 PM    Application Error    1000    (100)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:57 AM

Answers

• Those errors are somewhat old. May I suggest that you clear all the events and then monitor Event Viewer on a daily basis.

1. Delete all the log files in one go, including the combined administrator log, by running this batch file (it works in Vista also) as the Administrator http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/25480-event-viewer-one-click-clear.html?ltr=E

2. Look at each of the logs in turn (in the left pane). Double-click on a 'red' error message, then click the Details Tab for an explanation of the error. More information is available by clicking the General Tab then clicking Event Log Online Help at the bottom.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Hi,

First of all, as this is third party software related issue, it is always suggested to contact their support for more accurate information.

If you would like to troubleshoot on the Operating System side, I will suggest a very useful tool, Process Monitor which can help you find the exact crashing file. Probably a corruption remaining on the registry when it comes to Adobe Flash Player. If you did uninstall and reinstall it, certain registry might not be deleted very well. You can use the Process Monitor to compare the registry between the problematic computer and a working one then find the exact registry.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:49 AM

All replies

• Those errors are somewhat old. May I suggest that you clear all the events and then monitor Event Viewer on a daily basis.

1. Delete all the log files in one go, including the combined administrator log, by running this batch file (it works in Vista also) as the Administrator http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/25480-event-viewer-one-click-clear.html?ltr=E

2. Look at each of the logs in turn (in the left pane). Double-click on a 'red' error message, then click the Details Tab for an explanation of the error. More information is available by clicking the General Tab then clicking Event Log Online Help at the bottom.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Hi,

First of all, as this is third party software related issue, it is always suggested to contact their support for more accurate information.

If you would like to troubleshoot on the Operating System side, I will suggest a very useful tool, Process Monitor which can help you find the exact crashing file. Probably a corruption remaining on the registry when it comes to Adobe Flash Player. If you did uninstall and reinstall it, certain registry might not be deleted very well. You can use the Process Monitor to compare the registry between the problematic computer and a working one then find the exact registry.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:49 AM