none
What does powershell script 'GetVPortPerfData' do in SCOM?

Question

• Hi,

I received a following error alert saying SCOM failed to start powershell script: GetVPortPerfData - does anyone know what this script does? I am running SCOM 2012.

Alert: Power Shell Run space Failed to start

Source: GALLOW-VM01.Gallowglass.local

Path: GALLOW-VM01.Gallowglass.local

Last modified by: System

Last modified time: 8/7/2013 10:07:37 AM Alert description: Failed to run the PowerShell script due to exception below, this workflow will be unloaded.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Management.Automation.PSSnapInReader.ReadEnginePSSnapIns()

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.InitialSessionState.CreateDefault()

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.PowerShell.RunspaceConfigurationContainer.GetRunspaceConfiguration(InitialSessionStateEntryCollection`1 variableEntries)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.PowerShell.RunspaceController.Initialize(RunspaceConfigurationContainer configuration, InitialSessionStateEntryCollection`1 variableEntries)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.PowerShell.RunspaceManager.DeliverRunspaceThreadProc(Object appDomainObject)

Script Name:      GetVPortPerfData

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Network.2012.Vport.BytesReceivedPerSec

Instance name: 5F6762F7-41B5-40C1-8BE4-0D7A3BF4632F

Instance ID: {3D625936-C4BA-2353-4073-AD535A3F8098}

Management group: Gallow-SCOM

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 9:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just as a thought from the short name, it may be used to test virtual port performance data, I suggest you refer to this article to configure the ports in vmm:

Configuring Ports and Switches for VM Networks in VMM

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj721570.aspx

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, August 10, 2013 6:39 AM
  • I'm having a similar issue with only one of my (4) Hyper-V hosts. I get the same as above, but not always the same script. I can also see the error for these scripts:

PowerShellScript  (very creative,huh?)

CheckMaxConcurrentAPI.ps1

The funny facts are that it seems to happen only to those scripts and only in one of the hosts.

I will reply back when I find something.

Thank you.

MCITP, MCSE, MCTS

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:04 PM
  • This workflow shows performance data on virtual ports for a VSwitch in Virtual Network Dashboard.  As a workaround to avoid this error, please disable this rule. 

[Disclaimer] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all.

Friday, November 22, 2013 6:42 PM