Network pst file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, my question is, how i can use same pst file put on network (cloud) from two different users. I put the pst file on network, added to the first user, but when i try to add the same pst file for the second user seys the file is already in use.Is this possible?

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:24 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, November 27, 2017 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It's not possible to enable multiple users to view the same PST file at the same time. Moreover, although you can put PST files on network share, it's not an supported configuration. See the following Microsoft KB article for more details:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/297019/limits-to-using-personal-folders--pst-files-over-lan-and-wan-links

If you are using Exchange server, you may consider to import the useful data from the PST files into shared folders on the server.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:41 AM
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:23 AM
  • Thank you Steve Fan!!
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:39 AM
  • My pleasure :-)

By the way, could you help mark the reply as the answer if you find it helpful? This could help other community members to quickly find the useful reply when they encounter similar issues. Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:42 AM