Visio 2007 + Upgrade to Sequencing SP1 **please help** RRS feed

• Question

•  

4.2.1.21 for Client and the most current Sequencer.

I have successfully sequenced Visio2k7 and it was sequenced to a path of v:\visio2k7\visio2k7.v01\

Launches fine on the client.

I then reopened sequenced visio2k7 for upgrade to SP1 in the sequencer. Began monitoring ran SP1 ended monitoring and hit save as to build new version.

When it launches now I get error in event log

Detection of product '{90120000-0051-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}', feature 'ProductNonBootFiles' failed during request for component '{137F4F20-9B16-45F8-9813-A3B5F7B5FF9E}'

and

on the screen when it launches to 100% it fails and says

Microsoft Office Visio has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application.

Has anyone successfully upgraded Microsoft Office Visio to SP1 or Office 2007 for that matter? Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:19 PM

Answers

•  

I belive that the feature "save as new package" can cause some unexpected errors.

I belive a better way to test your new package is to have a seperate client and server.

My guess is when you selected "Save as new package" you are changing the Asset directory and Visio can't find the MSOCache folder.

BR

Pierre Eriksson

Monday, February 4, 2008 8:47 AM
  •  pierre.eriksson wrote:

I belive that the feature "save as new package" can cause some unexpected errors.

I agree, if just upgrading the package there shouldn't be any need for "Save As" as plain old "Save" suffices. If doing alternative version, then Save As is needed and you also need to check that "Save as new package" checkbox.

pierre.eriksson wrote:

My guess is when you selected "Save as new package" you are changing the Asset directory and Visio can't find the MSOCache folder.

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't the MSOCache usually stored automatically directly at root of the C: or Q: (or V: in this case); if so then it's also virtualized via VFS [with mapping of "%SFT_MNT%\MSOCache" for example] and should follow even through Save As -action?

/Kalle

Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:56 PM

All replies

•  

I belive a better way to test your new package is to have a seperate client and server.

BR

Pierre Eriksson

Monday, February 4, 2008 8:47 AM
  •  pierre.eriksson wrote:

I agree, if just upgrading the package there shouldn't be any need for "Save As" as plain old "Save" suffices. If doing alternative version, then Save As is needed and you also need to check that "Save as new package" checkbox.

pierre.eriksson wrote:

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't the MSOCache usually stored automatically directly at root of the C: or Q: (or V: in this case); if so then it's also virtualized via VFS [with mapping of "%SFT_MNT%\MSOCache" for example] and should follow even through Save As -action?

/Kalle

Thursday, February 7, 2008 7:56 PM