dashboards : 349 Managed Computers - MOM Console is showing 4,577 Computers under Agent-Managed Computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a huge difference between the Dashboard and Deployment Reports (349) vs the MOM Console (4,577) this morning. Last night (9 hours ago!!!) we did a push to 5,000 MOM seems to car=tch them but not Forefront ?

I noticed if I try from the MOM Console > Administration > Computers > Agent-Managed Computers Right Click Run Discovery Now I am getting an error:

Microsoft Operations Manager was unable to submit the request to the MOM Management Server (The Microsoft Operation manager Servive - MOMService.exe) on computer VOTFCSCS1.

The parameter is incorrect. Result code: 80070057

(the MOM console is opened on this specific server)

Which parameter is it?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Everything at once... the issue was with MOM... I opened a case with PSS:

1. Is it runs under Network Service this account (Network Service) should have Modify access (at least) to the folder C:\Windows\Temp.

2. a queue was corrupted on the Collection Server C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\<<group name>>

-Transfer all data to a temp folder it recreates a new queue which is working

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    • Marked as answer by Felyjos Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:49 PM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:49 PM