Workflow question using Skype Business 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a simple workflow on our Skype 2015 setup. Calling in during hours just rings a response group and sends to VM if not available. If after hours it sends to a response group that ends up forwarding to another workflow. That workflow gives the option to leave a message/VM or call an on call tech. I have everything working but every time the systems forwards to say the external on call tech or from a response group to another workflow the users skype client drops the current windows and pops up a new window. Is there a way to prevent this or a better way to setup that would not cause all of the skype screen popups during the forward?

Thanks

Monday, June 19, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi JamesMarket,

Did this issue only appear on the specific SFB client in your environment?

If the issue just appeared on the specific client, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again, moreover install the latest update for your SFB client.
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

For SFB server side, please check if there are any event IDs in SFB FE server side, then make sure it has the latest update.

I will share a document about how to troubleshooting SFB response group, please refer to
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Troubleshooting-for-response-groups-ca72d8f8-4054-4974-b832-4f173611bd89?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:11 AM
  • I am new to S4B and this is my first workflow. It seems to happen every time I have a workflow forward a call to an external number or have a response group overflow/forward to a workflow. Each time the forward happens the client closes the current window and opens another window like the call is dropping and starting the new call to the forwarded number. I was wondering it there is a way to suppress that.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:25 PM
  • Have you tried the solution above
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:51 AM
  • That is the standard behavior. Every time it initiates a new session, it opens up a new window. When the forward happens to the other queue, that's considered as an initiation of a new session. There will be a new pup-up for that session on the client.

http://thamaraw.com

Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:55 AM