none
Request Approval via Email Text RRS feed

• Question

• We have a scenario that the requests generated in FIM sends different type of mails to approvers and requestors. We have a requirement, of approving the requests with the help of mail text like "Approved" or "Reject" by approver.

The approver wants to approve/reject the request with just sending mail as a reply to the mail he received on request submission. We can't use the Outlook feature for this as we only want this to happen with email text.

Is there any way to achieve this?

PS: Post approval the workflow activities should trigger the way they are being deployed in the workflow.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:53 PM

All replies

• Sounds like fun. I don't know a legit way to do it. I'd fire up PowerShell, and read the accounts emails then send a command back to the FIM service from the script to approve the request. Account permissions would need to be correct. The timing would become a thing to think about. I'm not sure if exchange can notify your script some way, maybe there are some listeners you can subscribe to? Otherwise you could poll the mailbox.

Depending on the load on your FIM service, you could probably run the PS script from a custom workflow. Alternatively, the email could be forwarded to someone who then clicks the button for the manager.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 1:52 AM