SharePoint 2013 - The context has expired and can no longer be used. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090317) RRS feed

• Question

• The context has expired and can no longer be used. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090317)

Due to size issue I created separate content DB and created site collection under new content DB. Then I moved some of the site to new site collection to reduce the size. This all is under same web application.

From today I my old site collections are working fine but my new site collection where I moved the data is not opening and giving error - The context has expired and can no longer be used. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090317).

Both old and new site collections are same web applications however old site collections are working but new which I created 4 months back is not working. please advice

Please advice.
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:47 AM

Answers

• Dear All,

There was some issue on VM, because of that my Front End server some times gets disconnected and after few mints its get connected. There is no issue with SharePoint side, now the vm issue is resolved and site is working fine. Hope now the issue will not repeat , if still I get this issue again I'll post.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:14 AM

All replies

• Thanks Ravi Bhai,

Above option already tried and all looks good. This issue I am facing from Today and that also some time site will work fine without any issue and some time I'm getting this error.

No any new changes, deployment etc on server, then why this happens suddenly I'm not getting any clue. 

Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:19 AM
  • Hi SP2013Devp, 

When you got the issue, if there is correlation id, you can get ULS log from correlation id:

Merge-SPLogFile-Path "C:\error.log" -Correlation "Correlation id"

If there is no correlation id, check the ULS log  to determine the exact cause of the error. ULS log is at:      

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 23, 2018 2:34 AM
  • Did you try IIS reset / rebooting the server?

Thanks,
    Abhilash

Friday, November 23, 2018 11:56 AM
  • Hi SP2013Devp, 

Is your issue resolved?

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:11 AM
  • Dear Abhilash / Lisa,

Still this issue we are getting and not able to understand the exact problem. We are not facing issue with other site its only for new site collection :-

-> We added a site collection with its own database and it is this site collection we are seeing the context expiring error message however last 5 months there was no issue just from last week we are getting context error.

--> added site collection with its own database some of the sub site works fine and some give error Error sites have no custom code or web part only strait forward document library and files.

Please advice. 

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:11 AM
  • I've been battling this same issue as well for about 2 weeks. Tried everything you'll see online. 
    Run as admin on SP powershell - stsadm -o getproperty -pn token-timeout.  if its anything but 1440 change it back to 1440 which is the default. 
    • Proposed as answer by SPAdminMP Tuesday, November 27, 2018 5:45 PM
    • Edited by SPAdminMP Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 5:39 PM
  • Hello Bhai,

Good Morning.

I read your all the conversation. I suggest create a New site collection and move data from the current site collection. try it maybe it will work I am not very sure, but I think this is an option which you can try.

Thanks Ravikant Chaturvedi

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:55 AM
  • Dear All,

There was some issue on VM, because of that my Front End server some times gets disconnected and after few mints its get connected. There is no issue with SharePoint side, now the vm issue is resolved and site is working fine. Hope now the issue will not repeat , if still I get this issue again I'll post.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:14 AM
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark your reply as an answer. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Friday, December 7, 2018 10:20 AM