outlook setup post office upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I'm upgrading from 2016 VL to 2019 VL. (we use SCCM v1902)

Everything seems to works as expected except for one thing.

When the users' finish upgrading and try to open MS Outlook they are not only prompted for credentials but offered a variety of choices, i.e., POP, IMAPI, Exchange etc...

With all previous office upgrades this was seamless.

I only want Exchange.

How do I acheieve this?

Thanks

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:13 AM
    Friday, June 21, 2019 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi jamicon,

Normally, when upgrading Office, we can still use the original profile. Do you use the original profile?

If you mean re-adding your account in Outlook 2019, Outlook normally will let you choose account type with you if you selected “Let me set up my account manually”.

Would you mind providing detailed steps to reproduce this issue so that I can help test here?

What if we click Exchange, will you account be configured successfully? Will Outlook keep prompting for credential?

In this case, the original profile may be corrupted during upgrading, we can try creating a new profile to test the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by jamicon Monday, June 24, 2019 2:20 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 1:29 AM