none
windows photo viewer gives no other choices but full page photo print RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am looking all over to find an answer to my question about the windows photo viewer and cannot find anywhere. Please if you can't answer my question at least set me in the right direction??? When I go to print, it tells me that I can choose only the "full photo" size. I know it also has choices of wallet, 5x7, double picture side by side, stuff like that. It will not ever show up when I hit print and go to put in all the variables for how I want the picture to be printed. Where are my choices? how do I find them, why are they not available on my photo viewer print option? I am working on an asus laptop, I think it is an 8.1 operateing system. But,,, I also have the same problem with my other laptops and desk top  programs. It will not give me the option to print out wallet size pictures or any of the other options except "Full Photo". Help! Thank you in advance. Oh and I have no idea where to find the answer to this question so I am giving you my email to send it too if your able. Please send to don ee me be at hot mail .com (I hope you figure this out because it says I can't send you any links and now I don't know how to get your answers. ) . Please this has been a mystery for the last 3 years now. I give up trying to find a repair on my own. I am not so tech savvy. Again, thank you, thank you , thank you in advance. sincerely, donna 

Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi donnajjgj,

The main issue is there is no other options when you are trying to print, right?

This issue could be caused when the options are not compatible with your current printer.

We could try to uncheck the “Only show options that are compatible with my printer” dialogue box in option tab to have a test.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:54 AM

All replies

• You may try using the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files.

1.       To do this, click Start>All Programs>Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.

2.       Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

set Windows Photo Viewer as the default program :

You may also set Windows Photo Viewer as the default program for viewing pictures by clicking on Start>Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs>Set your default programs.

=================

You may also Perform a system restore and then check if it helps

================

You can download

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/photo-gallery

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Monday, March 14, 2016 12:20 AM
  • Hi donnajjgj,

The main issue is there is no other options when you are trying to print, right?

This issue could be caused when the options are not compatible with your current printer.

We could try to uncheck the “Only show options that are compatible with my printer” dialogue box in option tab to have a test.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:54 AM