macros wont work in template format RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Excel file that was created to write batch lists and labels for our lab.  It was erroneously corrupted by saving over it with formatting changes.  We recovered the original file so we have a working copy saved.  I want to save it as a Template so it will not be able to corrupt it by saving erroneous changes to it.  When I save it as a Template though the macros stop functioning properly.  It gives a run time error and says that the file couldn't be found and the template file name.  I noticed that the open window's name is the file name with an added numeral at the end.  Is this added numeral to the name causing my issue and if so how do I update the macro to recognize that it is in the file that it is looking for?  I am using the file on 2 platforms Office 2003 and 2010, 2003 being the one it is needed to run on.
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In which template format did you save the template? You may try to save it as "Excel Macro-Enabled Template (*.xltm)" and then see if this issue continues.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:37 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 6:06 AM