none
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: atc RRS feed

• Question

• Of late when I am powering on my PC, the power LED on the cabinet blinks but the HDD LED doesn't. The monitor displays, NO SIGNAL.

Then when I restart the PC and when it finally boots, I go to the Event Viewer and find this entry

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: atc

My PC Config:

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 MoBo

AMD FX 6100 CPU

Corsair Vengeance 8 Gigs RAM

Crucial MX 100 256 GB SSD

500+160 Seagate HDDs

ATI Radeon HD5450 GPU

Kindly advise what does the above error mean and how do I resolve it

Thanks

• Edited by blackystrat Friday, September 15, 2017 5:40 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So did you receive event id 7026 in event viewer, right?

The  event  typically occurs when a drive is not ready or a tape drive is removed.

Troubleshooting:

Update the driver(s) specified in the event details. Open device management, check the unknown devices or devices has warning label, then right click to update the drivers.

To update drivers on the local system, you must have appropriate permissions:   Administrators, or you must
    have been delegated the appropriate authority.

For more detailed information, you could refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13469.event-id-7026-the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-driver-s-failed-to-load.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 2:50 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Kate

Thank you for your response.

Yes, the event ID is 7026

I am afraid, I am unable to see any driver specified in the event details and in device management, the only driver having an alert icon is the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface under Network Adapters.

Here is the details from the event ID 7026. Kindly advise which driver needs to be updated

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Service Control Manager
    [ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
    [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager
    - EventID 7026
    [ Qualifiers] 49152
    Version 0
    Level 2
    Task 0
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8080000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2017-09-18T05:52:11.163113600Z
    EventRecordID 211245
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 736
    [ ThreadID] 740
    Channel System
    Computer PB-PC
    Security
    - EventData
    param1 atc

Following is a screenshot of my Device Manager as well

Monday, September 18, 2017 6:26 AM
  • What about if you boot into Safe mode?Is there any error occurring?

By the way, if you have installed Bitdefender on your PC. Related to atc, atc.sys is part of BitDefender® AntiVirus and developed by BitDefender S.R.L. 

If so, please remove it and see if this error still persists. 

Otherwise, please search atc in your regedit, especially pay attention on the key under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet and let me know what it stands for. 

For further troubleshooting, please help to collect boot trace by using Process monitor, upload the saved file onto OneDrive and share the link for our research:

https://www.msigeek.com/6231/how-to-enable-system-boot-time-logging-using-process-monitor-tool

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:57 AM
    Owner
  • Is there any update on your issue?

If the issue was resolved, please mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly. You can also share your own solution here and mark it as answer, and we can learn from each other.

Please know that you can also reply with current situation, we are always here to help you further.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:23 AM
    Owner