none
Public DNS Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning All, 

I wonder if you can help me, we have three public DNS Servers. 1 server acting as a primary and 2 as secondary.

Well i have migrated one of my secondary to a new server. I have managed to get all Zones in via a script so they are showing, 

I have changed the DNS name so it points to the new server.
    Well some domains (not all) are having a problem receiving information from the Primary server. we are getting this error:

A zone transfer request for the secondary zone Domain.com was refused by the master DNS server at x.x.x.x.. Check the zone at the master server x.x.x.x to verify that zone transfer is enabled to this server.  To do so, use the DNS console, and select master server x.x.x.x. as the applicable server, then in secondary zone domain.com Properties, view the settings on the Zone Transfers tab.  Based on the settings you choose, make any configuration adjustments there (or possibly in the Name Servers tab) so that a zone transfer can be made to this server.

The master server has the following set Zone Transfers:

Only to servers listed on the Name Servers Tab

The Name servers Tab has the Ns record but the IP shows the following:

The Server with this IP address is not authorative for the required Zone

If i change the Zone Transfers to use ***Any Server. This works but when i change it back to use only name servers. This fails.

I have reached a dead end and wanting to confirm what i have wrong here? 

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:59 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your response, I have now resolved the issue.

This is now set to Only transfer to servers listed on the Name servers Tab.

There was a firewall rule blocking this which wasn't obvious.

Thanks for your help

• Marked as answer by ClaireSim Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:21 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:21 AM

All replies