Sharepoint 2013: Enable IRM/Azure Information Protection for PDF RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to enable IRM/Azure Information Protection settings for a document library in Sharepoint 2013 which stores PDF only documents. On download/open access, whats the file format a end user will receive? Are rights granted to the end user based on his/her permissions for the document library? Do i need foxit reader or NitroPDF to consume these pdf or can I use Azure Information Protection app as per the link below? Please advise and many thanks in advance for your prompt response.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/SharePoint-Compatible-PDF-readers-that-support-Microsoft-Information-Rights-Management-services-dd197d58-5bf6-4d18-b9f8-d16db603fae2?CorrelationId=536e6bab-b4e2-491f-a771-6b64814ab89e&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US 

Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:02 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you have this all sorted:  If a non-protected PDF file is uploaded to the protected library in SharePoint, on download the file will be a protected PDF file (file name extension .PDF).  Yes, the permissions are based on the document library and yes, the Azure Information Protection client can open this file.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 9:39 PM