W10 1909 MDT does not see fixed disk - OFFLINE build RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a few different version MDT images. 1803, 1903 and now the 1909.  

The online versions work great, all different models of the HP's I have with the 1909.  including Latest 455R G6 and 705 G5 desktop 

When the systems were running the offline version (ISO built thumb drive) on all versions except the 1909, it would start and build the system with no issues. except with the 455R G6 and 705 G5.

The error happens when the drive is attempted to be formatted.  

We are using RUFUS for the build to the thumb drive, tried multiple thumb drive, versions of rufus. rufus different build options.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hello, Please try to answer these points to know where you get stuck.

Is ISO Created Successfully with all required settings and files ? What's the Size of Media ? Had you split the media if its WIM size is over 4GB .

If all Fine! How are you processing for creating Bootable USB Stick for offline deployment. Any Success yet   

Thursday, February 20, 2020 1:11 PM
  • yes. the ISO is correct and all files work. I am using a 128 gb thumb drive. the build to the thumb drive is taking about 88gb of the thumb drive with the folders.

I have not done the split, how would that be done onthe capture?

I am using the RUFUS program to build the thumb drive for the iso. Also tried different build programs.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 4:52 PM
  • Is allowing you to store ISO in FAT32 Partitions.

Check this article will help you identify whats the need to split Images

Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:13 PM
  • Thank you.  I have made the change and will build the offline again.

Will reply when completed.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:53 PM
  • No Change.

The image build fails on the write to the drive. Thinks it is non-fixed drive.

Friday, February 21, 2020 1:50 PM
  • I think I need to update the WinPe soft pack, what one should I get?  HP has all the way up to WinPE10
    Friday, February 21, 2020 2:53 PM
  • That did not help.

Same error

Monday, February 24, 2020 4:58 PM
  • Changed the format drive from MDT to MBR.... Still no joy!

Monday, February 24, 2020 6:41 PM