none
KB3035583 - Issue with WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• I manage roughly 400 machines on a domain, each using Windows 7 Professional and our updates are pushed out using WSUS. We had one domain connected machine install update KB3035583 and is now being prompted to upgrade to Windows 10. I went into WSUS to block the update as it would severely impact our production environment. However, KB3035583 doesn't show up when searching WSUS.

I've read that it shouldn't, and that domain joined computers won't recieve KB3035583. If that is true, then how is it that at least one machine on our domain has it installed and is now prompting for upgrade? How can I block this update on the rest of our network?

• Edited by MorlockMike Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:05 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi MorlockMike,

According to my research, the Windows 10 upgrade will be automatically blocked if the computer is serviced through WSUS without update 3035583 applied.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

Based on your situation, we need view the windowsupdate.log to detect where the this KB3035583 update package is downloaded from.

Open the windowsupdate.log on the computer which the KB3035583 is already installed on, search for KB number. (Path: C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log)

For example (kb3109103),

If it is downloaded from the WSUS server, we need check WSUS setting then configure it again.

If it downloaded from other address, try to block it through firewall.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi MorlockMike,

According to my research, the Windows 10 upgrade will be automatically blocked if the computer is serviced through WSUS without update 3035583 applied.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

Based on your situation, we need view the windowsupdate.log to detect where the this KB3035583 update package is downloaded from.

Open the windowsupdate.log on the computer which the KB3035583 is already installed on, search for KB number. (Path: C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log)

For example (kb3109103),

If it is downloaded from the WSUS server, we need check WSUS setting then configure it again.

If it downloaded from other address, try to block it through firewall.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 10:12 AM
  • hi ,

@rick_li  does your answer mean that a pc under Wsus to manage its update can download updates from another site ? That s a huge fail no ?

I have the same problem on my wsus, i search for the KB3035583 , and cannot find it on the list of the updates (approuved ,etc...)

is it normal??

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:23 AM