none
Return to Default at Reboot/Logoff User Account

Question

• Hi,

I am using MDT to capture and deploy Windows 8.1. I have successfully captured and deployed Windows 8.1. Next step i would like to achieve is to reset/return to Default profile every time an user log out from the system. I would like implement this via Group Policy.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Zeshan

Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Zeshan,
    As far as I know, it seems that mandatory Profiles are your need and actually, mandatory Profiles are created by renaming profile file as ntuser.man.
    If you are currently using roaming profiles now, there is a group policy setting that makes profiles mandatory which is located under Computer Configuration--->Policies--->Administrative Templates--->System--->User Profile--->Prevent Roaming Profile changes from being propagated to the server
    It makes profiles mandatory by preventing system from updating the change to the server. It equals effect of naming profile as NTUSER.MAN.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by uzeshan Monday, December 5, 2016 2:52 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 8:14 AM

All replies

• See this guide: http://www.robinhobo.com/how-to-create-a-mandatory-profile-with-folder-redirections/ 

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:35 PM
  • Hi Zeshan,
    As far as I know, it seems that mandatory Profiles are your need and actually, mandatory Profiles are created by renaming profile file as ntuser.man.
    If you are currently using roaming profiles now, there is a group policy setting that makes profiles mandatory which is located under Computer Configuration--->Policies--->Administrative Templates--->System--->User Profile--->Prevent Roaming Profile changes from being propagated to the server
    It makes profiles mandatory by preventing system from updating the change to the server. It equals effect of naming profile as NTUSER.MAN.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by uzeshan Monday, December 5, 2016 2:52 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Thank you Wendy
    Monday, December 5, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

My problem is that the same user need to have non-mandatory profiles.

I only want to reset user profile to default for computers in an OU rather then the user as the user have access to other computer on OU.

I hope I have explained my issue.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 11:44 AM
  • Hi,

As my first reply said, you could enable policy “Prevent Roaming Profile changes from being propagated to the server” in an GPO, it will keep the profile as default and you could link the GPO to the OU which contains the specific computers.

Best regards,

Wendy

Friday, December 16, 2016 1:56 AM