Where I can find what update crash my automated installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I build a image with mdt and waik, I inject driver and try to deploy it..no problems.

When I inject windows updates in .wim file, installation stop with a error. In what log file I can find what update block my installation?

Thank you

Friday, April 17, 2015 10:12 AM

All replies

• If you are saying that updates are added using MDT then you can look in BDD.log

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 17, 2015 8:16 PM
  • I added updates with dism /image /add-package because if I add it with MDT when i build boot image diplay me this error

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-RDP-BlueIP-Package-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.2.7601.16415

Errore: 0x800f081e

The specified package is not applicable to this image.

Il file di registro di Gestione e manutenzione immagini
    distribuzione � disponibile in C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Exit code = -2146498530

DISM /Add-Package failed, rc = -2146498530.
    Injected package Microsoft-Windows-RDP-BlueIP-Package-TopLevel neutral amd64 7.2.7601.16415

Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:28 PM
  • The answer is in the return: The specified package is not applicable to this image.

You will have better luck if you set up a selection profile with only things that are relevant to the OS being installed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by Ty Glander Monday, April 20, 2015 6:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Monday, April 20, 2015 6:32 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 6:16 PM
  • I have 2 separate problems

1 ALL package i try to inject with mdt fail and display me this error

2 then i inject updates manually with dism and try to install but during deployment after first reboot it block with error

My primary question is, how i can understand what is the package that blocked deployment?

Second is, why when i try to inject packets with mdt ALL fails?

Thanks so much fot the support

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:23 AM
  • Going from your earlier post:
    Adding package Microsoft-Windows-RDP-BlueIP-Package-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.2.7601.16415

Friday, April 24, 2015 11:04 PM