Orchestrator Runbook for Service Manager TO SEND AN EMAIL WHEN URGENCY CHANGES RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts

I am looking for a orchestrator runbook to send an email when the urgency of an SCSM incident is changed to High. Mainly I am looking for the monitoring criteria. Unfortunately the NEW and UPDATED trigger doesn't satisfy my requirement , i get the emails even after some one changes the support group or affected user. By the way , i cant use SCSM workflow server to send emails as SMTP configuration is not possible on this server

Urgency : High

Class : Incident

Criteria : Whenever any new or existing incident is updated

• Edited by Shawn18 Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:51 AM smtp
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:32 AM

Answers

• if you cannot send the email using a workflow I suggest you do the following:

1. Add a custom property, Boolean, to an incident extension (ex. UrgencyChangedToHigh)
    2. Create a workflow as Thomas suggests. that workflow will then update the custom property to "true"
    3. Use orchestrator to monitor for this property value to be true. send the email using orchestrator and finish off the runbook by changing the property back to false (so that the monitor wont trigger again)

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:19 AM

All replies

• Could you use the out-of-the-box notifications? it would be a simple matter to set the criteria to something like pre urgency not = high and post urgency = high. 
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:46 PM
  • The Updated trigger should work here.  You can also use the queues to limit which teams these are generated for.

Changed From Criteria:

Urgency <Equals> Low OR Urgency <Equals> Medium

Changed To Criteria:

Urgency <Equals> High

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

You could try to deploy a customized MP, please refer to the following article.

Example for customizing SCSM integration to meet your workflows: Notify service
    teams upon support group changes

http://techblog.derdack.com/2015/04/scsm-2012-custom-management-pack-integration-for-incident-property-change-notifications-to-enterprise-alert.html

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:29 AM
  • if you cannot send the email using a workflow I suggest you do the following:

1. Add a custom property, Boolean, to an incident extension (ex. UrgencyChangedToHigh)
    2. Create a workflow as Thomas suggests. that workflow will then update the custom property to "true"
    3. Use orchestrator to monitor for this property value to be true. send the email using orchestrator and finish off the runbook by changing the property back to false (so that the monitor wont trigger again)

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:19 AM