IBCM and MAC OS Management RRS feed

• Question

• Our current infra is SCCM 2012 SP1 with 1 CAS and 3 Primary Servers. Currently we are just managing windows system but since our number of MAC devices are increasing, we are planning to manage them as well. We also want to utilize Internet based client management since a number of our users are not connected in our network. Hope you can provide some recommendations on how we can setup our environment. Here are my questions:

1. Is it a good idea to create or setup another site sytem that will manage mac and internet based clients? If yes, what are the roles that I need to install on that server?

2. I've also read that PKI is a requirement for MAC and IBCM management. Do we also need to deploy the certificates to all of our windows devices? We are only planning to deploy the certificates to those laptop whose owners are home-based workers.

3. Do we also deploy the certificate to all Management points and distribution points?

4. What are the things we need to check on the certificate before we deploy them?

Friday, February 20, 2015 11:14 AM

Answers

All replies